Natural Resource Department
The Natural Resource Department offers the following services:
- Referrals – We now have the NSTQ Portal.
- Archaeology – We have a contract with BCTS for the Arch work in our territory.
- Technical Support – We provide technical support to our Treaty Staff for Negotiations as required.
- We manage reserve lands, Woodlot 1578 and FNWL N1I.
- We have two companies, Kenkeknem Forest Tenures Ltd and Teniye Logging Ltd.
Phone: (250) 397-2253 or (250) 397-2227
Don Dixon, Natural Resources Coordinator
Melvin Paul, Natural Resources Referrals Coordinator
Braeden Emile, Natural Resources Technician
Courtney Christopher, Natural Resources File Clerk/Reception
The forestry department is responsible for all forest related day-to-day operations of the forestry department including on-reserve forests, Band Woodlot, and forestry business entities.
The Forestry Department manages the following:
- Reserve forests within IR#1-6
- Woodlot # 559 & #1578
- Teniye Logging Ltd.
- Kenkeknem Forest Tenures Ltd.
- Capacity Building for membership
Registered Professional Forester
Phone: (250) 397-2253